I am a 28 year old, high raw vegan, licensed social worker (MSW, LSW) healing from a "progressive" and "incurable" neurological disease, Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy/Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (RSD/CRPS). Join me as I reflect, learn, grow, HEAL, and conquer. You can e-mail me at email@example.com, follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/happyhealing44, friend me on facebook: facebook.com/prefontaine44, or
ask me anonymous questions at http://www.formspring.me/HappyHealing44.
1. My humor is incredibly biting, heavy on the sarcasm, and doesn’t boarder on inappropriate, it has crossed over into just plain wrong!
2. To piggy back off of #1, I think laughter is the closest you can get to heaven. When I am laughing, I am so immersed in joy and in the present moment. It is impossible to worry about the future or mull over the past when you are giggling so hard your face starts hurting. I'll do anything for a good, long laugh.
3. I have a tendency to doubt myself and lack confidence. It is a hard habit to break, but I work on it every single day.
4. I’m almost always early. I hate rushing. It plays on my anxious nature.
5. I’m very competitive. I like to win (from my days of playing sports).
6. I can’t cook. And I don’t really want to learn how to cook.
7. I’ve never had braces even though I have “perfect” teeth (according to everyone else). I got lucky.
8. I basically failed AP Chemistry in high school, but my teacher stopped grading my exams at a C because I tried so darn hard. I think she was just sick of me coming to her every single day after school for extra help. I was annoying.
9. I took 5 years of Italian.
10. I used to collect trolls. The little dolls with the crazy colored hair.
11. I’m not organized AT ALL.
12. I had a crush on Donatello, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, when I was little because he was “smart.”
13. I love watching The Challenge series on MTV.
14. I eat raw garlic, and I love it.
15. I have three tattoos.
16. I used to LOVE Hanson (they are still on my IPod).
17. I’ve had three surgeries.
18. If you Google “Sagittarius,” it explains me in detail.
19. I LOVE sugar. I used to eat chocolate cake for dinner (before going high raw vegan).
20. Shorter has so many random nicknames. Shoe Shoe, Tutty, Tut Tut, King Tut, Frank, Tuggy, Scooby, Shorty Pants, Big Fat Roommate (my personal favorite)… and he answers to them all.
Also, if you have any questions that you'd like me to answer via vlog, let me know on twitter, formspring, facebook, e-mail, or comment below. I could make this a weekly event if you have enough questions.